The Danbury News-Times original building built in 1893.
The news paper was founded on September 8, 1883 under the name Evening News by James Montgomery Bailey, known as the "Danbury News Man."
In 1927, a competing daily Danbury Times was established, financed by Hat mogul Frank H. Lee. Six years later the Evening News and the Times merged on January 31, 1933. The newly formed paper worked under the name Danbury News-Times.
Then in 1955, Ottaway Newspapers-Radio (Ottaway Newspapers, Inc today) acquired Danbury News-Times.
They dropped the Danbury from the nameplate leaving The News-Times. Ottaway owned the newspaper until November 2006, when its sale to Community Newspaper Holdings was announced.
Five months later, on April 1, 2007, the newspaper was sold to Hearst Corporation of New York, NY. (MediaNews). The News-Time Celebrated its 125 year history in September 2008.
Today in 2009 it has a daily circulation around 30,000.